Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Birthday Boundary Card

I have a long list of crafty projects for the month of August and a masculine birthday card is on the list.  I decided to play along with several challenges to create this card today.

Catered Crop
Catered Crop was my first stop and their challenge is to create a project using a MAP.  That started the juices flowing.  My BIL and his family enjoy canoeing trips in the Boundary Waters of MN so I googled and came up with a cool map.

I scored and folded my map to give it a more realistic look.

My color inspiration was today's Color Challenge at SCS.  After a few changes here is what I came up with:
Using yesterday's Technique Lover's Challenge, at SCS, I stamped directly on my map (DP).


For the inside I once again pulled up the map but this time I muted the map to give me more of a light background look.  I continued the footprint theme and added a "Happy Birthday" banner.

Blog Challenge entered: 

Catered Crop -  Map It

Ingredients: 
Paper: Misc Card Stock
Stamps: Unity Itty Bitty - Adventerous, Clear Dollar Stamps - Formal Sentiments, Happy Trails



11 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I especially love the muddy footprints trailing across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it. I think I have to have that boot-print map.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card Angie! Love the canoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea to use the map as bg paper, Angie!! This is a great card and your BIL will love it!! TFS.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. cha-ching!! you hit the jackpot with this unique idea. clapping!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great! Love the canoe! Wonderful guy card.
    DebiB

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with the canoe and footprints on the map, great masculine birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you used the map to create a background. The sentiment stamped on a canoe-ish banner is so creative. Thanks for playing with us at Catered Crop. May DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous masculine card! Love those footprints!!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...