Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Teapot Tuesday



Hello and happy Tuesday everyone! 
 It's been a busy summer full of excitement at our house! 

A Day to celebrate

A week of intense play





 A 16th Birthday Celebration


College Orientation


Plus several shopping trips for the new school year and countless chauffering opportunities for teen get-togethers has made for a dazzling summer!

As our summer nears the end with school daze less than two weeks away, I took a little time out from all the dazzle to refresh my soul with a little art.   I played along with Teapot Tuesdays and this week's Featured Stamper challenges at Splitcoaststampers. 


My teapot and cups were made with Brilliant Red Brusho then die cut and placed on a background I created with an Elegant Writer pen. To show off the pretty Brusho cups and teapot I cut away the solid handles and spout on the white decorative layers.   The "Decorative Tea Time" dies add fun texture to the tea set so I am adding this to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which is to Add Texture! 


Nitty Gritty:
Top Dog Dies: Tea Time Basics, Tea Time Decorative
Sentiment: Unity Stamps - Everyday Celebration

10 comments:

  1. This is sooooo dreamy! You really know how to work your watercolors. I fell in love with this little vignette the moment I saw it in the SSS gallery and had to pop over to leave my admiration! Happy to be your newest follower and would love for you to come for a visit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're not letting the grass grow under your feet are you? Good deal, look at all those exciting happenings! Such a lovely and sedate card. Taking time for yourself and a cuppa tea is so healthful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool beans you're playing in Simon challenge. I hope you win. This is so pretty with the two cups placed like this and your shadowing is pefrfect realism. P.s. I have the teapot day sitting on my craft table waiting for me to get home and fisnish the card .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would happily drink tea out of your happy pot - real tea, no tea bags of course! Love the selection of photos you have posted - you all look so happy which is great. Hope all the transitions go well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing creation Karen - so glad you took the time to create and share in your busy (dizzy/dazzling) schedule. Love your colouring both on the teapots and cups, and under them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been busy, Angie. Love the personal pictures and your GORGEOUS tea card. Love the colors, the dies, and the -. Looks like an awesome summer full of fun and creativity! Many hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I enjoyed your photo's and reading about all the exciting stuff going on in your life at the moment, Angie!!! Now I understand why you haven't been posting a lot lately!!! Congrats to the grad!!! Love the photo's of the lovely place you visited - looks like you've been hiking - lovely, lovely!!!! And a 16th birthday!!! - congrats - my youngest one will be 16 next week!!!! And I can see that you and hubby are a great team!!!
    And have to say, I love your very pretty tea time card!!! (hmmmm... maybe you should have added a cupcake!!! LOL!!!! Only kidding, my friend!!!!) Your card is beautiful and loooooove that great teapot and cups and your bg is lovely!!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! Angie, this is one of the prettiest teapot and teacup cards I've ever seen! It's beautiful! I love the colors and how you've used the Elegant Writer to give such depth so that the softer colors pop! WOW! And I love these dies (will have to check them out!). Beautifully done. And what a wonderful photo journey of your summer beginning with Seth's graduation, your amazing vacation and hiking (oh my, I'd not be up to all that and the heights! Hehe!), and then college orientation! I love the photos of you all and am so blessed to call you friend and share in your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely tea set! Color it green and it's mine!!! I love how you made the counter look marbleized!!! What an amazing combination. I wish my counters looked that good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Angie, great post and love the teapot card. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...