Saturday, September 1, 2018

Real Simple

Today Julie is taking us to the Real Simple blog for our Inspiration Challenge this week.  In the spirit of Real Simple, I created a card that is just that, a simple one layer card. I masked off the edges of the card base and blended Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Fired Brick, Carved Pumpkin and Mustard Seed.  Then I went over the Seedless Preserves with just a hint of Blueprint Sketch to achieve a richer color.  To blend the inks with ease I used the fabulous Life Changing Blender Brushes from Picket Fence Studios.   For my inspiration, I found this photo which made me think of this fun image in the If the Broom Fits set by Picket Fence Studios.  With the MISTI it was a snap to stamp the image twice and add a sentiment.



I hope you enjoy the long weekend if you are in the US and maybe even carve out a little art time.  Yeah, I went there!  Ha!


2 comments:

  1. your blending is perfect and I'm glad you listed seedless preserves as it made me look again and see the subtle color at the top of your card. such a cute expression of halloween fun here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Halloween card Angie! I love the cute images and your ink blending looks perfect.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Sweet Friend - Impression Obsession Team Favorites

Hello!  This week we are sharing Team Favorites at Impression Obsession!  I just love the Sweet as Honey stamp and Coordinating Die Set !  ...