Saturday, June 20, 2020

Cat Love

It's Saturday and that means it's time for a new Inspiration Challenge at SCS.  Stacy has chosen such a cute Pinterest board to inspire us this week!  

Last night I pulled out this sweet stencil by medlockcrafts that my friend Janine gave me and I created while I was ZOOMing with artsy friends!  It's so fun to laugh and create with a group of friends and in these times ZOOM makes it safe to do so!

I once again I used the technique of stenciling distress ink first.  Then spritz with water and added watercolor Powder.  Spritz with water again then lay another piece of cardstock over the top and blot up the excess water.  I love using distress ink on the bottom layer because it changes the overall look of the watercolor powder.  I am very tired of the look of my watercolor powder but I need to wait a bit to buy new supplies so this is a great technique!  After I picked up my stencil I realized that I had allowed a very little bit of watercolor powder on the corner and it now ruined my clean look.  At first, I thought I might trash it but then I decided to sprinkle more watercolor powder and water on my craft mat and smoosh the paper at the top and bottom.  Viola!  Mistake obliterated and it looks pretty cool!  :)


Thank you Janine for the amazing stencil!  I had so much fun using it!  

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  

Love and Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. That is one fabulous stencil, says one cat lover to another :) Love how you have used it so prettily on this sweet card Angie
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, precious design! The more kitties, the merrier - be they the real deal or rendered in paper craft form.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...