Saturday, April 13, 2013

Speedy Fox & Friends 155 - Emboss with White

Happy Saturday!  I hope you are enjoying your Saturday.  We are spending the day outdoors today but first it's Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge time and we are creating a card using White Embossing Powder.  For more inspiration and all the details on the challenge join us HERE .

I am going to be honest, I didn't fall in love with the "chalkboard technique" when I first saw it but it's been growing on me!  So when I saw that our challenge this week was to use white embossing powder I decided it was time to try it out.  I used this video to help me get started: Stamped Silly . I really had a lot of fun playing around with the technique!



I used the stamp outline from "All Postal" and the sentiment from "News From the Woods".  I added the doodles in the corners with a white water color pencil.

Thanks for looking!  I hope you will stop by all next week as MFP a Heinrich Co. releases the new sets for April and I will have a blog post ever day! 
 Here is what I used to create this card:
All Postal

News From the Woods
Stamps: MFP a HC - "All Postal" and "News from the Woods".  Paper: MME Miss Caroline Dilly Dally, Misc. CS.  Acces: White Embossing Powder, Paper Studio Red Brads, Die-namics: Star Stax and Party Banner.
 This is the stamp set being given away to one lucky player in this week's challenge:



8 comments:

  1. Angie--I think you did a great job with your blackboard technique! What a wonderful card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect example of the chalkboard technique -- and I love the way you "shadowed" the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the Blackboard technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say "Wow" this is a cute card. Love the embossing with the white on black to look like a chalkboard. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a WOW! What a great card - love the little banner you have added, the lovely wood background and your colour choices - you have made that technique work well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie,
    How pretty!! I love the DP, the banner and stars - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card. i like how you shadowed the WOW! i haven't tried that blackboard technique yet. like you, i'm not sure i really like it enough to spend the time with it. maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Growing In Unity Blog Hop

Some of us had the chance to be Growing In Unity Girls over the past few months and today we invite you to hop along with us for a ch...