Saturday, July 12, 2014

Speedy Fox & Friends - I am seeing RED!


Hello there!  Happy weekend to you!  
Why am I seeing red? The Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge
 this week is to create a card and make it RED!  

Today I am sneak peeking ROSES, one of the new sets being released next week on Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps a HC blog. 

Do you ever create something that holds a special memory?  This card will always put a smile on my face as it has a bittersweet memory attached to it.  I created this in my tiny craft room with my daughter and her friend.  Her friend is moving away, so sad.  We were blessed to get the chance to have her visit with us for a couple of days right before she left.  Kimberly caught the stamping bug on a previous visit to our house!  She LOVED playing in my stamp room.  What a thrill!  Sadly my daughter has no interest so you can imagine how fun it was for me.  :)   Even though DD tried to pull Kimberly away from the stamp room she insisted on staying and watching me color this rose with Inktense pencils.    

For the inside I kept the same layout but used the smaller rose image and stamped it in the lower corner. 

**********

I showed Kimberly how to add texture to punched flowers by using a stylus.
My sweet girl is humoring us and keeping occupied with glitter glue and marker!  She prefers drawing and says she can't stand cutting and measuring  to create cards.  


Thanks so much for looking!  For more details on this week's challenge and inspiration from my talented teammates please visit Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge!





11 comments:

  1. Very pretty , the rose is lovely...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, I am going to be using this rose a lot. What fun to have an excited young stamper in the stamp room. Very cute girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully color rose Angela. The rose on the inside corner is just enough.

    Blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and lovely story to go with it. I hope Kimberly will be happy in her new home and manage to catch the crafting bug with someone close. Maybe she will be on Splitcoast one day thanking you for helping her along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you got that beautiful rose stamp set!! I love it, you did such a great job coloring too!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic photo of the girls :) Your card is gorgeous! Love the beautiful card! The rose looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Angie! This is GORGEOUS! The rose is so beautiful, and you've colored it exquisitely! And I love the simple and elegant layout! And that sentiment is such a beautiful font! So glad the girls got to play (even if your daughter was less than thrilled - LOL!). Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie,
    Your card is soft, lovely and elegant. The picture of the girls is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm.... are you sure that really is your daughter? Perhaps there was a switch at birth. How fun that Kimberly came to play though. Love the coloring job you did on the rose. You could teach classes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this beautiful rose, Angie!! And the card is a CAS beauty!!

    How fun to have Kimberley around!!!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...