Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Watercolor Wednesday - Night Sky

Hello, welcome to Watercolor Wednesday!  I am hosting this week's challenge at SCS.  We are following a tutorial by Kolbie Blume.  

I painted the night sky and then splattered gouache for the stars.  My gouache splatter was too watery and spread beyond the size of stars in a night sky.  Turns out, I have a snowy night and not a starry one!  

At the end of the video Kolbie Blume, suggests journaling what we LOVE and what we LEARNED about our paintings.  I like that idea instead of pointing out everything that is wrong, as I tend to do.  

What I love: I achieved a bright night sky as well as darker edges to the sky and dark trees.  
What I learned: I need to practice scumbling and making pointy trees.  I need to check the thickness of the guache before splattering.  

The sentiment is from a new set, Anytime Sayings and the die used to cut out the sentiment is from Rounded Rectangle Layers.
 

It's always free to join in the fun at SCS, we would love to see you there!  

 

1 comment:

  1. Love this Angie - I think the larger stars indicate that it was a clear night :) - love the 'sky' you created and the way you framed it with the tree silhouettes
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Sweet Friend - Impression Obsession Team Favorites

Hello!  This week we are sharing Team Favorites at Impression Obsession!  I just love the Sweet as Honey stamp and Coordinating Die Set !  ...