Saturday, May 17, 2014

Speedy Fox & Friends #212 - No DP



Ahhhhh!  Saturday!  We are down to the last weekend of the school year which means  CRAZY TIME at our house!   In the midst of all the year end dashing I always find myself pushing through  a bit of sadness as I realize that somehow another year has whizzed by and my children are a year closer to leaving the nest!  Having a sophomore in high school has really driven that point home this year!  So many changes!!!  Perhaps that's why I once again turned to this peaceful image for my   Speedy Fox & Friends sample.  

Our challenge this week at Speedy Fox & Friends is to create a card without using any designer paper.  



This stamp design has one butterfly image at the top of the design but I thought it might be fun to add a few more.  I stamped and colored a total of three extra butterflies, fussy cut them then popped one over the top of the printed butterfly within the design and randomly placed the other two.  I have once again used a sentiment from the Columns & Topiaries 

You can find all the details on the challenge and see fabulous inspiration from the DT at Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge 

I am entering the following challenges:
Splitcoaststampers challenge WT479 - To send our cards to someone we don't know.  I am choosing "May Cards for a Cause".

Simon Says Stamp - Die Cuts(I die cut the image with Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles and layered with Spellbinders Lacy Circles.)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

TFL!

My List:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps a HC - Oriental Joy, Columns & Topiaries
Paper: MFP 140lb Premium white paper and Misc peach CS
Acces: Spellbinders Lacey Circles, Spiral clip, ribbon, pearls

12 comments:

  1. Turned out beautiful and the butterflies ar eperfect..........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, your card is beautiful. I love the colors and adding the additional butterflies were a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pinks really pull this together. A really great card. Thank you for dropping in to visit us at Word Art Wednesday today with this beautiful art. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. I love the peach and aqua together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Angie! Love the trio of butterflies and the beautifully framed flowers! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I commented earlier but it did not go through...trying again!
    Love your colors and your butterflies are beautiful!!! This is a gorgeous stamp and gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty with the extra butterflies and the pearls. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! I absolutely love that color combination Angie. The butterflies are beautiful and the die cut is a good match up. Ecellent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing. I love the scalloped frame and the roses and butterflies are adorable. Lovely design and colors! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Angie!! Love your stunning butterflies and the colours and pearls!! Lovely card!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this stamp and what you have done with it. It is so peaceful. I think I need it myself, I mean the stamp, but well, both the stamp and the peace would be nice. Indeed last week of school where I work too. I'll miss most of it but be home in time for Thursday graduation.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Growing In Unity Blog Hop

Some of us had the chance to be Growing In Unity Girls over the past few months and today we invite you to hop along with us for a ch...