Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Red Rubber Designs - Paper Cast Heart


Happy Tuesday to you!
Yesterday I played along with the Technique Lovers challenge (TLC582) at Splitcoaststampers.  Sabrina's challenge was to paper cast with toilet paper or paper towel.  I tried both and found that the toilet paper gave me a better result.  


I took 6 pieces of two-ply toilet tissue and placed it over one of the heart stamps in the I Heart You stamp set from Red Rubber Designs then spritzed with water.  This heart has a fabulous design with well-defined lines so I just pressed the wet tissue all around the stamp then gently lifted and placed it in the sun to dry.  When it was dry it looked great both from the front and the back.  I can't wait to play with the technique again!


For my background, I used my go-to technique of dipping mixed media paper repeatedly in distress inks spritzed with water. 

The sentiment I used is also included in the I Heart You set.

Here's a look at this versatile set!  (I used the heart with the loopy border)



14 comments:

  1. Oh Angie this is gorgeous - love the felted heart and it is stunning against your fabulous background.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Angie, you are amazing with the fabulous backgrounds you do! I so love them and love the rich jewel tones of this one. And, wow!! I am amazed at how beautiful your heart is with T. P. Hehe! It's fabulous! I will definitely have to try this technique someday. It sounds like such fun! Haha! Who would have guessed or known! Giggle! Thanks for making me smile, sweet friend! You are loved! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love how you created the pretty heart embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an impactful card you've made, Angie! Someone will treasure this stunning creation forever!! I have a question (which you've prolly covered in your blog and I've missed it, sorry) about the background. So do you spritz the mixed media paper first and then drop the ink, or drop the ink and then give it a blast with the spritzer? It's just gorgeous and I could experiment, but you've already created the wheel, so I thought I'd ask! darnell dot knauss at g mail. Thank you!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, WOW, that heart looks amazing, Angie and I love the bg!!! This is so unique and so beautiful!!! Absolutely great!!!!
    Have a great day, my friend and thanks for popping in at my blog!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty Angie! Love the paper heart! So artistic and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant and such a cool design. I love that you let the heart steal the show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible creation made from toilet tissue! Who knew? The background is colorful and so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very unique. It turned out fabulous. I had tried something similar years ago. I must try this one. Excellent job Angie.

    Hugs and Blessings,

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, Angie. Who knew that toilet paper would look so good on a card? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! Toilet paper casting. So many 'blasts from the past' techniques are coming around again. I didn't try many the first time. Maybe this time since you've inspired me with this wonderful dimensional heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, great idea. i didn't know you could do this with stamps, thought you had to have a little mold. it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool! I don't know which I like better. The casted heart or that background, both are fabulous and really nifty together. My mom knows about toilet paper casting and she's not even a card maker, but she does sometimes try to make me cards to send to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great background for your sweet heart - lovely colours

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...