Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Color blocks for Watercolor Wednesday

Hi!  It's time for this week's Watercolor Wednesday Challenge.  It's my turn to choose our tutorial and I forgot two things.  1) I don't do measuring and aligning well, 2) I don't doodle.  Totally laughing at myself because that is basically what this challenge is!  

My first card uses my less expensive paper.  It really took the water, paint, and salt well, I think.  I would use it again for something like this.  My only issue with it is the hard lines can be seen on the tape lines.  I added Sizzix/THoltz wildflowers.  (because like, I said, I can't doodle)


This version is on 100% Cotton, the good stuff!  This shows the salt better because 100% cotton stays wet longer.  Oh, check out the bursts of color.  Can you believe I doodled on the good one?  Well, here you go.  After trying for light and pretty flowers on a piece of scrap paper, with no success, I might add, I did this.  I looked at the wildflower dies and loosely used one of the dies as a jumping-off spot for my wildflower.  

Thanks for stopping by!  

 

2 comments:

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Sweet Friend - Impression Obsession Team Favorites

Hello!  This week we are sharing Team Favorites at Impression Obsession!  I just love the Sweet as Honey stamp and Coordinating Die Set !  ...