Saturday, June 1, 2013

Speedy Fox & Friends 162 - Pocket

Happy Summer Saturday!  :)  I hope you had a good week.  We went on a little family adventure (photos to follow soon...after I have slept a bit...it's just 1:20 am!)  this week but we have made it home just in time to talk about Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.  This week we are going to make pocket cards.

Once again this was a first for me but it really is quite simple to do.  I followed this video tutorial: stampingwithmichelle .    Please visit Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps blog to see the fabulous inspiration my teammates have for you!

I used two "Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps a HC" sets to create this card. All the sentiments and the butterfly on the front are from "Glad Glads".


I just bought a couple of Copics that were clearanced this week and much to my amazement they actually are the perfect color for the designer paper I used.  So good in fact that my butterflies get a little lost among the flower paper so here is a close up.


The tags pull out of the pockets.  I created a tea bag holder and a the second tag is a bookmark.  I always get a kick out of using this sentiment for a bookmark!  "Here for you"!  (giggle!)


On the inside I used the butterfly stamp from the  "Cracked Hello" set.

Thanks for looking!  Hope you have a great a weekend!

Stamp set to be given away to one lucky challenge participant:


Stamps set used to created this card:

Glad Glads

Cracked Hello

Supplies used: Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers & Stamps a HC - Glad Glads, Cracked Hello.  Paper: Paisley Petals. Acces: MS Lace border Punch, Die-namics Fishtail Flags, Ribbon




11 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. I love the colors and the pretty paper. A great idea to add the tea bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty shade of blue/gray on your DP, and a very cute pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie--this is beautiful both inside & out!!! I love the idea of using the 2nd tag as a bookmark! Great idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very pretty, fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie,
    So very pretty - and the colors and DP are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Angie! I love the pretty mix of papers and beautiful butterflies! What a fab project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card - love the papers and your matching Copics - excellent accidental planning!!!
    Having a teabag in one pocket is a sweet idea - I can think of few people who would appreciate that. Glad you had a nice break - hope you slept well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty, your work is always spectacular. love all the new things you try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous pocket card, Angie. Beautiful paper, too. I see what you mean about that sentiment with a bookmark. :-)

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Growing In Unity Blog Hop

Some of us had the chance to be Growing In Unity Girls over the past few months and today we invite you to hop along with us for a ch...