Wednesday, July 16, 2014

WOYWW and a visit from our friend Kimberly


Happy WOYWW everyone!  Are you wondering what WOYWW is?   Each week Julia at Stamping Ground sends us around the world  via the ever faithful Mister Linky for peeks inside one another's work spaces!  I can't wait to see what's on your work desk this week!

So what's on my desk this week?  Well it's crazy messy!  I am doing my best to try and get ahead on some deadlines but summer fun is making it a tiny bid difficult!!!   I cleaned up just enough space so that I could showcase these sweet cards made by my daughter's friend Kimberly.  On Saturday's post I shared a bit about her visit with us and how we are going to miss her.  



I can't resist sharing my love for stamping so on a previous visit Kimberly caught the stamping bug.   On this visit we stopped to run an errand and somehow papers, punches and washi tape jumped in our cart as a little belated birthday gift!  We had a good time in the stamping room as Kimberly used her new goodies and I worked on DT projects!   Elisabeth humored us but stamping isn't her thing.  I think Kimberly made about five cards and I am so sorry that I didn't get a photo of each one, she is quite talented!  I love what she did with the Washi tape and little punched flowers on the card she made for Elisabeth and don't you just love the multi colored petals on the one she gave me?!!  Kimberly wrote the sweetest notes inside as well.  We will really miss her!




 Elisabeth was goofing off with a scrap of embossed paper she found.  Kimberly is adding dimension to her flowers with a stylus.

Sweet girls!


Thanks for stopping by and happy WOYWW!!!

12 comments:

  1. There is NOTHING better than sharing stamping! I've had so much fun over the years teaching and learning from stampers of all age ranges. The cards are lovely!!
    Angie #56

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of Kimberly's cards are beautiful, and I love the creative way in which she used the materials. Both my daughters are creative in different ways, and still enjoy working in my studio whenever they can. However, they'll both be away in college this Fall, so I'm not sure that will happen as often. :{ Happy WOYWW and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great things on your desk. I see pink and black twine and pink and black flowers there. I can't wait to see what you do with those. Love the reading cat in glasses stamp. What sweet cards and yes, love the washi tape on the card. Great fun color combo as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun was had by all! Lovely cards created there. Glad you had such a fun play day. What glorious red hair one of those young ladies has! And you spell Elisabeth with an "s" - my middle name is spelled that way, too - it is unusual - and brilliant!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a heartwarming post, Angie! Thank you for sharing about your fun stamping time with the girls and showcasing Kimberly's pretty cards and the two pals together. It's always a delight to see young people catch the stamping bug and carry on this fulfilling hobby! Happy WOYWW! Have a wonderful week and thank you for the visit to my Playhouse! Hugs, Darnell #18

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to inspire someone like that. What pretty cards. Thank you for your visit. Karen #26

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some gorgeous stamps on your desk this week and love the cards.
    You're right they are sweet girls, they must be a pleasure to have around and looked as though they were enjoying their crafting.
    Thanks for visiting me earlier, happy crafting, Angela x #42

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angie, I've got that cat reading stamp! It's one of my all-time favourites!
    Thanks for dropping by too,
    RosA #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice of you to share Kimberley's cards, Angie!!! Let them start at a young age, hey!!! They are both such sweet girls!!! Your desk looks like such a cosy spot to work at!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! She made some very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kimberlys card are lovely and goofing around might be known as creativity!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...