Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Wonders of Lost Olives - A Thank You


Greetings!!!  I hope that you have had a good start to the week!  

Today I am sharing a card I created as Guest Designer for Splitcoasstampers Color Challenge, CC569. Karen is our hostess this week and the title of her challenge is "Wonders of the Lost Olives", isn't that fun!!   Splitcoaststampers is a FREE online community that offers a personal gallery to share your art, daily challenges, chat threads and much more!  If you haven't checked out Splitcoaststampers I hope you will!


This beautiful butterfly stamp was given to me by my friend JoAnn.  Three of us are creating with the same stamp! It's so much fun to see what we all come up with!  For my card I stamped the butterfly with VersaFine Onyx Black then watercolored with Inktense Pencils.  The "Thank You" die cut is from MFT simply titled "Thank You".  :)  The paper is from a retired stack and was the first stack of paper I purchased from SU!  Yes, when it comes to paper I am a bit of a collector/treasure, doesn't that sound better than hoarder?? 


I created this for a sweet friend who sent me a lovely winter package!


Thanks so much for looking and stay warm out there!!!!

6 comments:

  1. The depth of color this has is so beautiful Angie, I love how you did the butterfly so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Angie! Love the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Angie, this is gorgeous, and I love how you've used this week's Color Challenge colors! This butterfly is stunning with its colors, and I love the watercolor wash cascading down from it! Perfect with these papers, and I love the layout! So delighted you are guest designing this month! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercolouring is really great, Angie and that is such a stunning butterfly!!!! Love how you've got your butterfly off the edge!!! The stripy paper is beautiful and the colours are so lovely!!! Beautifully done, my friend!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Angie! That butterfly is gorgeous! Sending warm sunny thoughts your way from Phoenix :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS coloring of that butterfly. The whole card is fabulous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...