Monday, February 29, 2016

Painting my Stamp and Red Rubber Designs


Hello, friends!  Phew!  It's good to be feeling better.  I can breathe again without feeling like someone is sitting on my chest.  Always a nice thing! 

 I couldn't wait to get into my stamp room so I checked out Splitcoaststameprs TLC575 challenge.  Karen is having us paint our stamps today.  She has three different ways for us to paint our stamps. I chose to combine painting this gorgeous Rosebud image from Red Rubber Designs with Brushos Color Crystals and TH Distress Markers as I don't have a wide range of colors in Brushos yet.


I painted the stamp with TH Distress Markers and misted the image with water, then stamped with the MISTI.  The MISTI was invaluable in my process because I stamped the image numerous times with different shades of ink.
(TH: Red Brick, Barn Door, Seedless Preserves, and Forest Moss)

Next I lightly painted with Brushos.
(Leaf Green, Brilliant Red, and Scarlet)

To finish off my painting, I masked the layer and sponged TH Distress Ink Salty Ocean, then with very little water ran a brush over the sponging. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!! 

Here's one last look at the beautiful Rosebud stamp:


I am playing along with the following challenges:


Splitcoasstampers TLC575




10 comments:

  1. Love all the shades and faux texture you have achieved with the technique Angie.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really impressed you painted with your brusho's and this looks gorgeous Angie, its great to hear you are feeling better :) tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rose looks absolutely fabulous, Angie!!! You have really done a great job with stamping with the different colours to create amazing dimension to you rose!!!! Love the blue and red frame to have it really pop!!!! So beautiful, my friend!!!!
    Have a wonderful day!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Angie! That rose looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the watercolor look - thanks for sharing your project at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting job! All the different shades give it a nice textured look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely combination of distress inks and brushos, love the multiple frame too.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Angie, what a beautiful rose, and your coloring is gorgeous! Yes, this is where the MISTI is so perfect. I'm so sorry you've been sick - I didn't know! Praying that you feel lots better soon! It's no fun to have it feel like someone is sitting on your chest - ow! Sending tender hugs and lots of love!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angie! This is a beautiful stamp and I have not tried this technique yet but I sure love the results you got from it! Thanks so much for joining my Flower Power challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...