Wednesday, October 4, 2017

The Pumpkin Project


It's Wednesday and that means it's time to play with a new sketch (SC665) challenge at Splitcoaststampers. 

 For the background on my card, I used the Paint Swiping technique which Cathie shares in the tutorial section at Splitcoaststampers. The images are from the Fall For You stamp kit by Unity Stamp Co.  I think the images in this kit are adorable and the sentiments are fun too.  

I love teal pumpkins, I think they are so eye-catching so I colored my first pumpkin with teal markers then masked it and placed a large orange pumpkin behind the teal one.  

 Did you know that teal pumpkins are not just a pretty decorating trend but a symbol for raising awareness of food allergies?   Putting a teal pumpkin on your doorstep means you have non-food treats available, This simple act promotes inclusion for trick-or-treaters with food allergies or other conditions.  Find out more at FARE: The Pumpkin Project.


I am so thankful you stopped by my blog today, have a great day!!!  


5 comments:

  1. A truly stunning card. I love your 'spin' on the swiping techniques and hope you will share one time how you did it. Beautiful colouring of your pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours. I have never seen a teal pumpkin, but what a gorgeous contrast.
    We won't be "playing" this year as it falls on a Tuesday and I am not home until 8:45pm and the kids will be done by then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Angie - as a grandmother of a family with at one point multiple food allergies, this (Teal pumpkins) is a brilliant idea.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! And I learned something about teal colored pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Angie, you've really captured the colors of autumn in the background...amazing! And what beautiful pumpkins! I had never heard of the teal pumpkin, but it sure makes a lot of sense. Such a stunning card...I love it!! Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Growing In Unity Blog Hop

Some of us had the chance to be Growing In Unity Girls over the past few months and today we invite you to hop along with us for a ch...