Saturday, May 19, 2018

Oh Chrstmas Tree in May

This week Stacy has chosen a site full of color and texture to inspire the IC650 challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  I enjoy creating Christmas all year long if inspiration strikes and it did just that today! THIS beautiful greeting card inspired my design.


To create my background I simply stamped distress inks on plastic packaging and spritzed with water.  I tapped first Lucky Clover onto my cardstock then dried the watercolor with my heat gun.  I did the same with Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves.   For the top layer, I used a tree die from Hampton Art and then stamped the sentiment from Love Bug Christmas by Unity Stamp Co.

For the inside, I stamped another sentiment from the Love Bug Christmas kit.  The tree die cut was sitting on my desk with one tiny green ink splatter which gave me the idea to tap the remaining ink on the plastic packaging randomly onto the tree die cut and adhere it to the inside.


I am playing along with a couple of Christmas challenges.

The Merry Christmas Challenge is Anything Goes

and



That's it for me today, I hope you have a crafty weekend!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful - love the colors there! Good Grief - Christmas will be here before you know it! Fun to make Christmas projects all year long however! Have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the tree on the inside too. Thanks for joining the Merry Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely..love the colours..Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...