Hello, crafty friends! It's release day at SweetMissDaisy Designs, and this October collection is filled with holiday magic! From charming Santas and adorable snowmen to sweet gingerbread-inspired papers and a fantastic background stamp, this release has everything you need to create festive handmade Christmas cards.
Let's take a closer look at four fun holiday cards featuring these new goodies!
Mrs. Santa Baking Memories Christmas Card
First up is the adorable Mrs. Santa from the new Baking Memories stamp set. She takes center stage on a stitched layer, and I added the pretty Merry Christmas banner from the set above her head. The sweet patterned paper from the Rustic Gingerbread paper pack makes the perfect festive background.
Mrs. Santa is such a charming focal point, and the coordinating banner and patterned paper bring everything together for a delightful holiday design. This card is full of Christmas sweetness!
Next, it's the jolly old fellow himself! Santa from the Milk and Cookies stamp set looks wonderfully elegant on this Christmas card.
I colored his suit in a rich, traditional red and added royal blue to his present bag and stocking for a little extra color. The background features another pretty pattern from the Rustic Gingerbread paper pack, adding just the right amount of holiday charm without taking the spotlight away from Santa.
I love how the rich red and royal blue work together to create a classic Christmas color combination.
Colorful Cookies Background Handmade Christmas Card
The third card showcases the fantastic new Cookies Background stamp. Background stamps are so versatile, and this one is especially fun because it gives you so many little images to color!
I stamped the design onto white cardstock and trimmed the panel to 2 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches. Then I colored the cookies and other images with markers and layered the panel onto a white card base with a narrow red border.
The sentiment is from the Baking Memories stamp set. For a playful finishing touch, I added a little tree charm tied with gingham ribbon.
I love having a background stamp that can be used in so many ways. You can stamp and color the entire design, trim it into smaller panels, or use just a portion of the image to suit your card layout. It's a wonderful way to stretch your supplies and create something uniquely yours! This will be added to the SCS Christmas Card Challenge: Embellish
Frosty Friends Snowman Trio Christmas Card
Last, but certainly not least, is a super cute snowman trio from the new Frosty Friends stamp set.
I paired these cheerful snowmen with a piece of peppermint candy patterned paper from the Rustic Gingerbread paper pack. I stamped the snowmen on a large scalloped circle, which creates a pretty frame for the focal image and adds a little extra dimension to the design.
For the sentiment, I used my MISTI to curve the words so they would fit perfectly on a curved banner. It's a fun way to customize a sentiment and make it work with the shape of your design.
This card is also my entry for this week's Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge. The cheerful snowmen and peppermint-inspired background make this a playful addition to my holiday card stash!
Shop the SweetMissDaisy Designs October Release
All the featured products, along with more fun additions from the October release, are available now in the SweetMissDaisy Designs Etsy shop!
Card making is such a wonderful way to share creativity while sending something fun and handmade. Whether you're in a holiday mood or ready to add to your Christmas card stash, I hope today's cards inspire you to spend some pleasant moments creating.
If you enjoy background stamps and holiday collections, you might also enjoy these projects from my blog:
Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!



No comments:
Post a Comment
You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!