Monday, June 16, 2014

PPRS Monday Inspiration - Unreal Vacation


Happy Monday!  Have you taken a summer vacation this year?  We did.......sort of....it was a staycation and it was BUSY.  Although I enjoyed it I can't say that it was very exciting so it was fun to play along with the VSN challenge  Christine had for us:  "create a card to reflect the craziest, most amazing summer vacation you have never had... yet!"  So my thoughts went right to this fun Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp image: Steampunk Drifter 


This is my crazy, most amazing summer vacation story:  On a hot summer, blue sky day (It's my fantasy-- NO humidity!)  a Steampunk airship drifted low over our property with rope ladder dragging.  That was all the invitation I needed! With a quick wave to my family and an affirmative nod of my head to the question of whether I had my cell phone,(I am always driving off without my cell phone so the last question I hear as I step out my door is, "Do you have your cell phone?")   I was off! 
We drifted for a full week over the land of all things artsy.  Steampunk gears and gadgets, Watercolors, Inks, Paints, gessos, pencils and markers in every shade imaginable.  Papers, Oh my, the papers!  We paused and we played with all the mediums in this artsy land, needing very little refreshment from sleep or food.  Why, I came home weighing 15 lbs less!! 

That's my vacation story and I am sticking to it!  :)

To help create my fantasy I used : Prickley Pear  Steampunk DrifterCLR025 Steampunk Gears, and PPRS-D025 Steampunk Gears Die 

To see more inspiration from our lovely DT please check out PPRS BLOG!

TFL!  I hope you have a fantastical Summer Vacation!

7 comments:

  1. Love this. Hope you are having fun with your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angie, your card is stunning. Beautiful coloring & the gears look fantastic! Your dream vacation was delightful. I wanted to run away with you. You should be a writer my dear! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Angie, what a fun "vacation" you had indeed! I love it, and what a fun card with this steampunk image beautifully colored and accessorized! Wow, what fun! Hope your real staycation has been enjoyable! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What an awesome card and what an awesome vacation that would be! Can I come too?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie!!!!! Just love your vacation story!!!! Soooo creative and love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love that vacation, story, Angie!!! (specially the 15 lbs, as I am on a serious weight loss mission!!!!) Your card is lovely!!! The pink and brown is a winning combination and I love the gears!!!! Lovely image, too!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the embossed gears on this one...the perfect touch! :)

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...