Saturday, August 16, 2014

Speedy Fox & Friends - 9 Square Puzzle


Hello!  I hope you are enjoying a great weekend!

It's time for  Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge and this week's challenge is a 9 Square background!  I have a funny story to go along with this card but first let me tell you how the background was created.  Using water color paper, I heat embossed the background stamp from Cracked Hello then water colored the background using TH Distress Markers.  The sentiment is from Glad Glads.


Funny story: After my background layer dried, I cut it up...........ummmmm......NOT a great idea.  I should have marked the back because once I had it all cut up it became the worst sort of puzzle to put together again!  I probably could have made 3 more backgrounds in the time it took me to figure out how the "puzzle" went back together but I am a stubborn thing and I wasn't gong to let my background go to waste!  Honestly, I am not sure anyone would have been able to tell if I had not gotten it back together perfectly, the cracked bg is pretty forgiving but I couldn't rest until I had it right!

Now that I have given you a crafting tip and chuckle with my true tale how about checking out Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge blog to see my teammate's beautiful designs and you can find out how to enter your creation this week!


                                                                Challenges Entered:

I am playing along with Simon Says Stamp Challenge to create a card that makes me think of summer                                                                so I went with butterflies!  


I am also playing along with Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes.


8 comments:

  1. Love the background and I am amazed at how perfect you get every piece lined up .......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out delightful so airy looking with the spaces between the BG pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty. I love that fabulous background. I probably would have had the same problem, I would have cut it not thinking about putting together a puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    Your card is lovely and elegant and I really like your BG (it looks as it it fits perfectly - so all of your hard work paid off)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background - gorgeous. Love the amusing tale too - bit like me with all the bits for my Hydrangea card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome bg Angie!!! I LOVE it! Your butterflies are beautiful too!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Angie! The background looks awesome! Love the beautiful butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Angie :-) I love the background, absolutely fabulous and the butterflies and simple design are lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...