Sunday, May 22, 2016

Butterflies are Free Full Reveal


Happy Sunday everyone!  Today I get to share photos of my most recent Red Rubber Designs project on my blog.

I chose the Butterflies are Free stamp set from Red Rubber Designs because of the joy this stamp set conveys!  At our house, we are experiencing moments filled with a sense of joy that urge us to fling our hands in the air and do a happy dance but at the same time wonder where the time went!!!  Tonight we  attend a graduation party at church for our son.  He has attended a weekly small group and served in various positions, including video team and co-leading a small group.  We have watched him blossom from a little boy that struggled to connect with others to a young man that reaches out and intentionally connects with others to encourage them in their spiritual journey!  I expect that I will be moved to tears tonight but inside my arms will be  raised in joy as this marks a moment where I let my butterfly free to follow his purpose! 

For my joy filled card, I stamped the cute little jar on a separate piece of card stock and fussy cut so that I could place it on the left side of my sweet girl.  I added a few clumps of grass with pen and marker under the jar to match the rest of the grass.


For the butterfly, I stamped it twice on the same checked designer paper as the border and layered the wings, adhering the top layer just in the center so the butterfly is free to fly!


 A cheerful yellow border and matching paper pieced dress finish off the card.


Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Today's Feature:

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reason to be proud of your son Angie!! Love your card.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you all - have a great celebration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, your beautiful message has me in tears. I love the way you put your emotions and heart into this engaging beautiful card. Hugs to you during this season of change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Angie, what a celebration indeed, and I love how your card just fits the feeling that your butterfly (Nathan) is flying high and that God has continued to make him a man after His own heart. What a blessing to read all that Nathan has done and grown into with the positions at church and small group. Yes, you will have tears and lots of emotions, but what joy that he loves Jesus! I love your card and think is gorgeous with the paper piecing and the sweet little butterfly from the DP too. Beautifully done, and have a wonderful time tonight! Big hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this card mf...filled with such joy!
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...