Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mixing and Aliens, Oh my!

Playing around with mixed media is very relaxing to me so whenever I can, I like to play in the Splitcoaststampers mix-ability challenge as well as various other "mixing" challenges.  This week's mix-ability challenge is to DRIP color.  The two mediums I chose were a clogged bottle of glimmer spray and MFT Sno Cone reinker.  I knew that someday I would figure out how to get the ink out of that bottle!!

I took off the spray nozzle from the glimmer spray and  dripped it down the paper with a little help of  blown air from a straw and then I dripped Sno Cone reinker in between the dark legs..um drips. this is what I came up with.  Tell me, doesn't this look like something out of a scary sci fi movie?  Alien legs, dozens of them!  

After putting aside the panel for about 24 hours this is how I decided to use it:


No more alien legs, instead a very down to earth, sea and air panel!!!  

Thanks for looking!  

I am entering this into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - anything goes

Word Art Wednesdays - Anything Goes

Flowers: MFT Die-namics Layered Rose.
Flourish: MFT Die-namics Medium Fancy Flourish
Label - Spellbinders Label Four
Ribbon - Really Reasonable Ribbon Seam Binding

15 comments:

  1. I knew you would come up with something great. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is SO neat! I love the color scheme and your dripped background is fabulous! (P.S. I cracked up about your alien leg comment. Luckily it doesn't look like that at all on your card.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cool technique on your background and a really great looking card. I would LOVE to have you stop by and play along in our challenges. We offer weekly Anything Goes challenges at Word Art Wednesday and you can share up to 5 entries per week. We offer two prizes every week (this week we have sponsors Blue Moon Scrapbooking $20 and My Heart Pieces). I really hope you will share your amazing art with us.
    Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you are so good with the mixed media. This is fabulous and so very creative. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card. I love the colour combo with the orange. The technique creates a lovely backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie,
    I thought it looked like the inside of a car wash but beautiful in its wildness. The finished product is breathtaking. The swirls offset by the floral embellishments are perfect and the sentiment seems like it was made for the background.
    We love seeing your artwork THANK YOU for posting your project with us.
    Blessings
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Angie! Love the pretty layered blossoms and fancy bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great use of that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!Very Pretty!!!Love the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of legs - yep I was there too! Love how turning it through 90 degrees and adding your decorative elements turned it into such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have turned your alien legs into one STUNNING card, Angie!! Such a beautiful color combo - I LOVE it!! Your mixed media work is really great! TFS.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Angie! That background is really amazing and is perfect for your sentiment! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love your background and how you created it. Don't you hate those clogged bottles of glimmer mist ?? Glad you got the better of it in the end and came up with this beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sooooo cool!!! love the movement this technique gives to your card. It's fabulous and perfect with your sentiment. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful card, I love the colors. You are doing great with the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...