Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Can You Resist?



One of my favorite things to do is to create cards with challenges in mind which is why I check out Splitcoaststampers several times a week.  This week's TLC693 Challenge is to go back and look at an older technique, Crayon Resist. 

 The first step is to stamp the image then color it with white crayon.  Next sponge ink on the background.  It's ok to go over the top of the image because the white crayon will resist the ink.  This was my first time trying the technique and as you can see I didn't get my kitty completely covered with the waxy crayon.  When I took a baby wipe to wipe off the yellow ink, I ended up with streaks.  I think it looks like cat fur so I am good with that!


My kitty and sentiment are from the Feline Good set by The Project Bin.  I just love kitties so this set is a favorite stamp set but If you are more a pup person The Project Bin also has a cute stamp set called Kinda Pawsome.


Thanks so much for stopping by!




3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever tried that technique. I was thinking that your kitty look like he had real fur how cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Angela - I love that set of stamps too, and I love how you have used it here - I must try that technique, thanks for the inspiration.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet stripey kitty! And the little flower and butterfly embellishments are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Hello, this week at the Free 4 All Challenge we are adding Five Dots!   These can be enamel dots, sequins, hand-drawn, stamped, gems, pearls...