Hello! I have a cute, sunny card to share today! I'm playing along with the #SSSIGChallenge from @simonsayschallenge, where the theme is Cute Critters, and I'm also joining the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.
Today's card features the adorable beach-going chicken from the Just Sand stamp set by SweetMissDaisy Designs. While browsing today's inspiration site at Splitcoaststampers, I found the perfect photo titled "Chick Magnet." LOL! Who knew beach-going chicks could make such a fun art theme?
Process
I began by cutting a 3¼ x 5½-inch piece of star-patterned paper from the Stars & Stripes Paper Pack by SweetMissDaisy Designs. I layered it onto a piece of red cardstock measuring 3½ x 5½ inches.
Next, I cut a 3¼ x 4½-inch panel of white cardstock for my focal image. I stamped the darling beach-going chicken from the Just Sand stamp set and colored her with alcohol markers. She is so cute with her beach umbrella, beach blanket, and little sand bucket! After coloring, I layered the image onto the card front using foam adhesive for a little extra dimension.
To finish the card, I added the cheerful "Sunny Side Up" sentiment and a few enamel dots for the perfect finishing touch.
If you'd like to recreate this look, you can find the stamps and papers I used over at the SweetMissDaisy Designs Shop. You can easily adapt this handmade card design using your favorite stamps, patterned papers, and coloring techniques. Card making is a wonderful way to share creativity while sending something meaningful and handmade.
I hope this project inspires you to create your own handmade cute critter cards!
More Cute Summer Inspiration with SweetMissDaisy Designs
If you enjoyed today's project, you might also like these summertime cards from my blog:
Thanks so much for stopping by, and happy stamping!
No comments:
Post a Comment
You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!