It's Watercolor Wednesday at Splitcoaststampers and we are painting lavender fields this week! The tutorial we are following this week instructs us to add some salt which I did. For the leaves and grass, she suggests relaxing the wrist and flicking! That made me chuckle because I tend to be a rather tense artist but I think my flicks turned out alright! The sentiment is More Fancy Sentiments from Picket Fence Studios and I used the Coordinating Die to cut it out. I love that the fancy sentiments have dies because I love the look and I cannot fussy cut a sentiment! I actually only made one attempt at this so I ended up using my practice paper Canson 140lb Cold Press Watercolor Paper for this painting. I look forward to trying this again with Fabriano Extra White 100% Cotton.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Handmade Holiday Collection - SMD October Release
Hello, crafty friends! It's release day at SweetMissDaisy Designs , and this October collection is filled with holiday magic! From cha...
-
Hello! I am so excited because today Unity Stamp Company and My Sweet Petunia (the maker of the MISTI) are teaming up for a fun hop...
-
Welcome to the Impression Obsession Fall Die Release Celebration! Check the end of this post for all the Hop details! There is somet...





Oh how gorgeous is this Angie - I love lavender, and this is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteStay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Love this Angie - such pretty colours and sort of dreamy how lavender makes you feel. No time today to play and tomorrow looks unlikely
ReplyDeleteBeautiful as always my friend.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous watercolour card, Angie. Love the soft, dreamy background (salt "flicks" very much included).
ReplyDeleteAutumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life