Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Just Because it's Watercolor Wednesday

It's Watercolor Wednesday at Splitcoaststampers and we are painting lavender fields this week!  The tutorial we are following this week instructs us to add some salt which I did.  For the leaves and grass, she suggests relaxing the wrist and flicking!  That made me chuckle because I tend to be a rather tense artist but I think my flicks turned out alright!  The sentiment is More Fancy Sentiments from Picket Fence Studios and I used the Coordinating Die to cut it out.  I love that the fancy sentiments have dies because I love the look and I cannot fussy cut a sentiment!  I actually only made one attempt at this so I ended up using my practice paper Canson 140lb Cold Press Watercolor Paper for this painting.  I look forward to trying this again with Fabriano Extra White 100% Cotton.  



       
 

            

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous is this Angie - I love lavender, and this is beautiful!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Angie - such pretty colours and sort of dreamy how lavender makes you feel. No time today to play and tomorrow looks unlikely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous watercolour card, Angie. Love the soft, dreamy background (salt "flicks" very much included).

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Sweet Friend - Impression Obsession Team Favorites

Hello!  This week we are sharing Team Favorites at Impression Obsession!  I just love the Sweet as Honey stamp and Coordinating Die Set !  ...