Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Mini Abstract Watercolor

Hello! It's Watercolor Wednesday at SCS. We are taking instruction from a beautiful video from Karen Rice Art this week.  

I titled the painting in the foreground, Make a Splash. In the mini painting behind the first one, I was drawn to the scarlet moving into the gold, which made me think of change.  So I titled it Bravery in Change.  

I decided against titling them on the cards because these might evolve into backgrounds for stamped images.  Or I might add a stamped sentiment at the spur of the moment when a recipient comes to mind.  



I taped off three sections and followed many of the techniques in the video. However, I forgot several steps from the video as I was immersed in the process! 

I used Daniel Smith Watercolor, Scarlet Brusho, salt, and white Gouache.


Thanks so much for taking a look!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Oh, Brushos You Light Up My Life

I am hosting the SCS Watercolor Wednesday Challenge and we are pulling out our watercolor powders! I love the brilliant colors I get from wa...