Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Mixed Media Color Challenge 5 - Be Still

I am playing along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge for my art journal pages.


I planned for Tuesday to be my "Art Journal" day this week but my body had other plans!  On Monday night I had another bout with vertigo.  It wasn't one of the worst I have had but it was bad enough to make the next few days fairly miserable.  Tuesday evening I rested and thought about my art journal page.  As I became still, thoughtful, and prayerful a picture of a flower garden in a walled enclosure came to mind.  

My first step was to poem a prayer.  You can barely see a hint of writing underneath the blue paint. (mid right side of page)


My next step was to dry brush some gesso, then I stamped "MFPS a  - Cracked Hello" in "MFT Steel Blue" all over the page.  I then misted "Crushed Grape Dylusions" spray using a stencil.  At this point I decided that I didn't care for the random dry brushed look and I went over the entire page with the gesso.  To my surprise the stamped background popped right up through the gesso!  I think it gives a great look for my "wall" since I don't currently have a brick stencil! 

 I didn't get step-by-step photos because I was so absorbed with the process of creating the page, I forgot to photograph along the way!


I used MFT Die-namics Leaf Filled Flourish three times and strategically placed flowers over the connection spots to create an impression of a vine.  MS 3 in 1 Hydrangea and butterfly punches were used to fill in the vine.


I can't remember what scripture was floating through my head when I pulled out my stamp "Psalm 46:10" from Verve but when I saw it, I thought it was just right.  When vertigo occurs, I have to still my attitude and slow my body and allow myself to learn whatever lessons I need to learn at the moment.  The scripture also applies to the hidden poem/prayer.

Thanks for looking!!

Art Journal Page entered in to:

6 comments:

  1. Wow Angie! What a beautiful art journal page! I love the beautiful background that you created and all the pretty little blossoms! Thank you so very much for joining along with A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful, Angie!! Lovely mixed media work - I love your background effect, it really turned out nicely. In fact, everything on this page is just great!!
    Hugz. Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely art journal page! Love the background you created and all the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely page you created in your journal with these pretty colors! love the stems and brick wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how cracked hello looks on this page. Now you have me wondering about the poem prayer underneath it all. What a neat idea to have the prayer there as the base. What a neat analogy for life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous journal cover! Love the butterflies and that beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...