Friday, March 8, 2019

Letting Go

I love dishware. I don't understand it, but there it is.  I love to hold a fine china cup in my hand or eat from a brightly patterned bowl! From bold patterns to soft pastels I love dishware so long as it is breakable!  

It's my turn to host the Inspiration Challenge at SCS and I found Wedgwood UK.  For my inspiration, I found beautiful Wedgwood Burlington Pots.  I took a piece of heavyweight cardstock and placed a piece of torn tape as a mask.  Next, I mixed homemade gouache and painted the cardstock.  About a month ago Lydia shared a beautiful card she created for the MIX314 challenge at SCS and included instructions on making our own gouache.   I don't really know if I needed to create this MIX or if any paint would do but I love painting with it.  It didn't warp the cardstock and I love the way it feels!  Once the paint was dry it was time to die cut it with this sweet die.  With Copic markers, I grounded the cup and added steam then I stamped this restful sentiment from this fabulous ocean set.


I hope you enjoy a nice cup of coffee or tea in a special cup and enjoy the magic of letting go this weekend!

Now here's a look at today's featured products:

    Vortex of Fish                    Petite Cup Die        

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL JOB on the challenge, Angie! LOVE what you did with your tea cup! I TOO LOVE dishware that is breakable! ;) I guess I "need" to spend more time over on SCS & try out some of their challenges! LOL This one sounds like SO MUCH FUN! AND to learn to make your own Gouache sounds good too! ;)INKY HUGS for your visit dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, Love, LOVE this card, Angie!! I, too, love dishware and collect mine one place setting per set that I love!! What a great sentiment to add with this wonderful torn-paper decorated tea cup!!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Happy Graduation

This week, we are creating "happy" cards for the Free 4 All challenge at SCS . I used new IO products to make my Happy Graduation ...