Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Sleep Rest Recover

We have had a wonderful summer which culminated in a three-night theatre production of  
Mary Poppins!  Our daughter spent 20 days over the summer rehearsing along with students from our three county high schools.  She had a blast!  After three nights of dancing, singing, applause, cast suppers and a cast party she is one exhausted girl in need of sleep, rest and recovery! 

For today's card, I used the beautiful image/sentiment from Many More by The Project Bin. I colored the leaf with Chameleon Color Tone pens, then die cut the layer and adhered it to craft foam.  I usually search for patterned paper before I color my image so I can get a good match but I didn't do that with this project.  I was fortunate to find the perfect match in an older SEI Field Notes paper stack after the image was colored!


School starts on Friday here and for me, that signals the end of summer so I am off to enjoy the last few days of freedom!  I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!


3 comments:

  1. You are right that designer paper is a great match...like it was made for your stamp and with that color. Sounds like it's been a busy time for you and your daughter.. A time with lots of wonderful memories to look back on.
    The schools in your area...really start early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased it was such a great show. Pretty card to go with the rest now needed. Great match of paper with your colouring

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soon? We have 3 more weeks and I'm already crying - LOL ! Congratulations to your daughter - sounds fun and I remember those days!
    Beautiful card - stunning coloring!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Spring Things - Day 2 IO April Release Hop

Welcome to day two of the Impression Obsession April Release! Today is the second day of the Impression Obsession April Release. For my firs...