Saturday, August 4, 2018

Pink, Always Fabulous


Happy Saturday!  Our daughter's last, first day of school was yesterday and for us, that signals the end of summer but I am holding onto sunny days with a beach card!  

Julie is taking us to Brit+co for our IC661 challenge at Splitcoaststampers this week.  This site is so cool that every time I stopped by to search for a photo to inspire a card I found myself behaving like the little dog chasing squirrels in the movie UP!  

A colorful flamingo video caught my eye which made me think of the new stamp sets I have received from Picket Fence Studios.  For the ocean background, I swished cardstock through Distress Inks spritzed with water then after the layer was dry, I stamped the Ocean Dreams background stamp.  To create the sand I cut a wavy beach then stamped the perfect sentiment for any pink lover!  The sentiment and cute flamingos are part of the What a Flock stamp set from Picket Fence Studios.   To give my beach a sandy look I added dots with Copic markers then brushed on Tea Dye Distress Ink.  Yep, I brushed on the ink instead of sponging!  These amazing brushes are just what their name says they are.  No more uneven sponged ink or hard lines when my hand slips!  After using them just once, I am passionate about the "Life Changing" Blender Brush Set. Quick Tip: Hide them from your teen daughters!


With my beach card, I am entering this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -Make Your Own Background

I am also entering this in the DTGD18maryr917 challenge at Splitcoaststampers.






4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I so need this stamp set-now that I have time for cardmaking -love your creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great set of brushes. now i want some but i just purchased another brand. and i forget to use them. those flamingos just make me smile. you KNOW i love the beach so this is a real thumbs up card with stars for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet images! Great design on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ocean background, Angie - thank you for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...