Saturday, August 11, 2018

Choose Happy

On the first day of December last year I was in an auto accident.  I was banged up and needed physical therapy with continued exercises that I do to this day.  One of the ugly side effects of the accident was the impact on my sense of well being. I had to dig deep and find restful places for my thoughts.  Psalm 23 was especially helpful.  I am still continuing to grow in choosing HAPPY!  It is a choice.  No matter what traumas come our way (and I have survived my share) at some point we have to decide to take that first step to think on good things!  

I was not looking for "happy" when I went searching for this week's inspiration challenge site at Splitcoaststampers.  I was simply looking for a "National Day" to inspire our inspiration challenge theme when I found the Secret Society of Happy People.  I hope you will check out this fun site, she even has a daily calendar for the month of August with suggestions on doing fun things for others which ultimately brings us happiness!

You can check out my challenge HERE to see which site and photo, I chose to inspire our creations this week.  Hint, it's a site to celebrate that life is good.

I chose the dragonfly from Unity Stamp Co. - KOTM 1/17 When you Smile for my focal point.  I sprinkled a bit of Brusho powders on the background and misted with water.  How cool is that the kit includes this happy sentiment, just right for our challenge,


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to set your mind on something happy today!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty background and really cute dragonfly. I have just ordered a dragonfly stamp as in all the sets I have I couldn't find a single one and wanted one for my card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful Angie - love the delicate touch you have with the brushos! The dragonfly is stunning. Yes, happy, and peace, are sometimes choices, and hard ones at that some days!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Dragonflies are very special to me. How did you color the dragonfly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Copics for the dragonfly. I placed a mask down where I was going to stamp the dragonfly then sprinkled powder on the rest of the cardstock. Spritzed with water, dried the cardstock then stamped and colored the dragonfly with Copics. Thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...