Monday, June 25, 2012

FOSTV CHALLENGE 26 - 4th of July

Hello all!!!  The FOSTV Challenge for this week is 4th of July!  In the last few years I have come to dread this particular holiday!  For us it means that summer holidays are more then half over. Sigh....and depression sets in!!!  LOL.  Just thinking about it as I type up my blog makes me a little ill!!!  :-) 

I have never made a 4th of July card so my mind was buzzing with ideas.  I ended up going a very simple route.  My daughter does not approve....she says it's boring!  LOL  Tell me what you think!!!  I used this wonderful 4 letter sentiment "FREE" from Mark's Finest Papers a Heinrich Co. Wild Horses

 I hope you have a safe and happy 4th next week and I will do my best not to think about the return of school but revel in my last few weeks of family FREEdom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 This is the stamp set I used:
 

This is the stamp set you could win at FOSTV Challenge:

Challenge entered:
PaperPlay Challenges - use a die (die-namics from MFT)
Allsorts challenge - use a die (die-namics from MFT)

12 comments:

  1. Great layering of Stars! Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the big star and all the white space. Your daughter would think I'm boring, too. HAHAHHA
    I was just thinking yesterday how it seems when the July 4th holiday comes, it does kind of mean summer is heading downhill. But, I do love that holiday....my second favorite, with Christmas being #1. I'm sure we'll have plenty of hot weather left for a few months. It was 102 degrees in my area of AL yesterday. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love the textured bg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boring? Seriously??? I think just the opposite. I think its amazing! I love the detail and the embossing. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card - love the stars and the sentiment across the center!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous! I love the subtle aging you used. I have to respectfully disagree with your daughter. I find your card remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love all the texture-not boring at all the blue patterned paper really makes it pop
    now I so need to order that stamp set-truly wish I had your ability to create

    ReplyDelete
  8. it´s a very pretty card, Angie!
    thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I´m happy I could inspire you!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angie your card is beautiful!! I love the simplicity and texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. I totally love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think it is boring at all! you've done a beautiful job with bringing in different shapes and textures and colors for a wonderful CAS design.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous project! Thank you so much for entering it in our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Growing In Unity Day 4 - Having a Ball....

Hello and welcome to day 4 of Growing in Unity!  I have been having so much fun this week! I hope you have enjoyed your visits and been in...