Saturday, October 6, 2012

Speedy Fox & Friends 128 - Ribbon, EF, & Punches

Happy Weekend everyone!  It's a beautiful fall weekend here, I hope you are enjoying a nice one too!    

 The Speedy Fox & Friends challenge this week is to use: 1 ribbon, 2 embossing folders and 3 punches or die cuts.  Come join the fun and load up your creation HERE

The other morning, I woke up with this card in my head.  I went straight to the computer and checked out my teamies blog posts to make sure that it was an original thought and not something that I had remembered seeing from the hop.  Woohoo....it wasn't done before so I went to work.  I used MFP a Heinrich Co. Autumn Splendor and stamped these cute little owls.  The next step was to emboss the Kraft with the woodgrain but then I remembered that our challenge is to use 2 EF's so I recalled a previous post on Pat's blog showing how to use 2 EF's.  You can see it here.  I punched out 2 circles, I used the fishtail flags die for the sentiments  and the butterfly punch so that made 3 dies or punches!  Now where to add the ribbon!!  I had to think about that a moment then I came up with the idea to add the ribbon to the lower owl and viola, I had my 1 ribbon, 2 embossing folders and 3 dies/punches.  TFL and have a GREAT weekend!

Recipe:
Autumn Splendor
Punches & Dies: EK Success 1 3/4" circle, MS Butterfly, MFT Fishtail Flags
Embossing Folders: Paper Studio-Woodgrain and Cuttlebug: Birds & Swirls



8 comments:

  1. Angela, this is a really cute card. I love how you used the two embossing folders on the one paper and added the sponging. It looks awesome. I also like the addition of the green butterflies along with adding the bow for the girl owl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is just a HOOT!! Adorable. I intend to CASE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie--what a cute boy & girl owl card! I love them peaking through their holes in the tree! So very creative! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card that you dreamed up! The pink ribbon is a great addition for the month of Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie,
    Your card is really, really adorable. I love the little owls showing through!! And, I think the little bow is very cute on the bottom owl. Wonderful and adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! And very clever. Love the embossing folder that you used. It was a perfect choice. Justa adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card. The owls in the circles are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Angie! Love the embossed layer and the cute owls!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Hello, this week at the Free 4 All Challenge we are adding Five Dots!   These can be enamel dots, sequins, hand-drawn, stamped, gems, pearls...