Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Lucky Charm

 Hello!

Angie, here with a paper doll dress making tutorial! 
A month ago for "PPRS Monday Inspiration" I shared the sweet PPRS retro girl: JJ0085 Hanging an Ornament.  I changed her from a Christmas image to a pretty in pink valentine and mentioned that perhaps next time we saw her she would go green.  I had several comments asking for a little more instruction on how I put together her skirt so today I thought I would share a little tutorial on the skirt making.

I inked up the stamp and then placed a strip of washi tape over the ornament to "mask" it off  and stamped image on white CS.

I stamped two skirts on patterned paper, added highlights to the skirt by watercoloring with distress inks and cut them out.

I colored the image and drew a line so that our girl could dangle the "Lucky Charm" sentiment.  I got lost in the moment and colored the skirt with distress inks and water totally forgetting that it would be  be covered up by the second layer!

Next, I flipped the second skirt over and and added double sided tape.


I adhered the tulle, pleating it just a bit as I went across the skirt.


I added glue to the top of the waist and slightly down the sides stopping when I came to the tulle then adhered it to first layer of skirt.

Check out all the fun dimension!

The sentiment is from CLR013D Scalloped Circle Oval 5.  I stamped and cut out three of the little clover from the clover circle included in the same set and adhered them to the sentiment then I stamped and die cut the bow from sets: CLR036 Stocking clear setPPRS-D036 Stocking Die Set,
The background layer was created by using the clover circle from   CLR036 Stocking clear set.


There we have it.  This cutie can do a whole lot more than just "hang an ornament"!  
Thanks for looking!!!

I hope you have a fabulous day!

10 comments:

  1. How precious. I love the way you did the skirt. The tulle just adds that extra texture and fun element. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Angie! I love how you did the skirt. Beautiful card. Thanks for that mini tutorial..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super tutorial....loving that you added the tulle. I like that coloring on the paper pieced skirt...good shadowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love the finished product. Thanks for your tutorial. I've cut slits and shoved tulle underneath but this is a neater more finished look. I love St. Patty's day because of the greens (my favorite color). Love the stamp around the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute card again - love the explanation too - so clear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too cool for school, Angie. What you did to bring life to the skirt and integrate St. Pat's greenery is superlative. Anne Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie, this is so cute! Your directions were very helpful to anyone wanting to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Angie, this is absolutely adorable! I love this image, and your paper-piecing with the tulle for her petticoat is amazing! I love it! Such a cute card (makes me want it)! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I've bookmarked your blog, thank you very much! So much inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love your cute little lady all dressed up in green, Angie!!! Thanks for taking the time to show how you did the lovely skirt!!! I love the beautiful frame and the matting!! Such a lovely card, Angie!!!
    Hugz!!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Posies & More - Day 2 of IO March Release & Hop

Today is day two of the March Impression Obsession Release & Hop. First, I am featuring these pretty Layered Posies . This set is fun be...