Friday, June 19, 2020

Fun with stencils

Hello, everyone!  I hope you have had a great week!  Today I am posting over at the Picket Fence Studios blog.  I am sharing two fun ways to use a stencil.
  
First up is the gorgeous Fireburst Stencil.  I have a limited supply of watercolor powders and in truth, I am tired of the colors I have.  So I decided to try an experiment and see if I could get a different look.  First I sponged distress ink through the stencil with a Life-Changing Blender Brush (on sale now!) also sold as a Bundled set with bonus stencil).  Then I spritzed the cardstock, (stencil still in place) with water.  Next, I sprinkled the watercolor powder through the stencil.  I took a piece of cardstock and placed it over the top of the watery ink and rubbed it.  When I removed the top piece I had a negative print that I will use at a later time.  Lastly, I removed the stencil and voila!  Magic!  I adore how the distress ink changed the watercolor powder.  I will be trying this technique again soon!  To finish off the card I heat embossed a sentiment from More Fancy Sentiments and I added a sprinkling of Blueberry Mojito Sequins.
Next up is another fun project this time using the Cat Stencil.  After stenciling the cat with Life-Changing Blender Brushes, I covered her with a mask.  Next, I splattered resist spray all over the background.  Once it was dry I brushed blue distress ink over the cardstock and splattered resist spray again.  Once dry the resist spray splatters sealed in the blue ink where the droplets had fallen.   Next, I brushed on a purple distress ink layer followed by distress spray and lastly a hint of black ink.  The result is a cool background in white, blue, and purple splatters!  So much fun!  The sentiment from Grace Puppy is perfect as a thank you for my cat sitter!  

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope you feel inspired to create this weekend!   

Fireburst Stencil      Life Changing Blender Brushes: 4-Pack Broad Application   More Fancy Sentiments    Blueberry Mojito Sequin Mix
Discounted Bundle"Life Changing" Blender Brush Set + 6x6 Bonus Stencil    Cat Stencil 
 Grace Puppy   

2 comments:

  1. Loving your cards Angie, and the innovative way you have used your supplies to 'stretch' them. A wonderful pair of stencils that you have used so beautifully
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars, how I adore that awesomely lovely cat stencil. It is going straight on my paper crafting wishlist. :)

    Big hugs & joyful 4th of July week wishes to you, sweet Angie!

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Pop the Bubbly for IO Team Favorites

 "Pop the Bubbly" is a fun sentiment and included in the Wine Sayings stamp set .  This is a sweet set for celebrations regardless...