Friday, October 2, 2026

Find Comfort

 The Barns stamp set by SweetMissDaisy Designs is beautiful and versatile.  A celebration of seasons to the expression of comfort.  

For the card design, I started with a Stitched Diagonal Block Die and a piece of dark green patterned paper from the SweetMissDaisy Designs Sunflower Field paper pack. I cut the patterned paper into a 3 1/4-inch square and used it as the background for my focal image.

I stamped one of the barn images from the SweetMissDaisy Designs Barns stamp set and colored it in warm fall colors, including a worn red barn. There is something about a familiar barn and a quiet landscape that feels especially appropriate for a sympathy card. It has a country charm, while also suggesting home, memories, and places that hold meaning.

The sentiment says “Find comfort in familiar places,” and those words feel especially meaningful right now.

In the days ahead, I hope the recipients find comfort in familiar places, warmth in gentle memories, and strength in the love surrounding them.


If you'd like to recreate this charming scene, the Barns stamp set from SweetMissDaisy Designs is a wonderful choice for creating a peaceful scenic card. You can easily adapt the colors, or even turn the square into a completely different seasonal scene.

I hope you will stop by tomorrow for the October SweetMissDaisy Designs Release!  There is so much to love!  

1 comment:

  1. Angie this is gorgeous, and gives a very peaceful 'vibe' - yes, sympathy cards can be hard to make, and it's amazing the variety one can receive!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Handmade Holiday Collection - SMD October Release

  Hello, crafty friends! It's release day at SweetMissDaisy Designs , and this October collection is filled with holiday magic! From cha...