Friday, September 7, 2018

Beware of the Cat

It's my turn to feature a post on the Picket Fence Studios Blog today and I have two cards to share featuring my favorite subject, the cat!  I simply love cats; each one is unique and completely interesting! Take one look at the fantastic cat in the Wicked Together set and you know this cat has a lot of cattitude!   I just love her so much that one card just wasn't enough to show all of her sides!

For the first card, I went with a clean and simple look and showed off her spooky side. I used the very thin brush from the "Life Changing" Blender Brush set to create a spooky shadow.




For the next card, I created a midnight sky full of color to show off her nocturnal side.  To create the midnight sky I masked off the moon. With the fabulous "Life Changing" Blender Brushes, I added color around the moon starting off with a very light Salty Ocean followed by Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves and Blueprint Sketch Distress Inks.  I added die cut tree branches for prime moon bathing then stamped a couple of bats from the set.  I wanted just the last part of the sentiment so I masked off "never mind the witch" and stamped "beware of the cat" on a tiny banner.  Don't you just want to know what she is thinking?


Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you are inspired to create something cute and maybe a little spooky with something from the Picket Fence Studios Halloween sets!


With my first card, I am playing along with FS605.  Jo Anne has darling cards in her gallery and I found  THIS card with her hippo in the lower right corner.  For my card, I stamped my kitty on the same side of the card as Jo Anne did but I didn't repeat the sentiment on the side.  I am also playing along with:
  Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge to STAMP something on our cards. :)






5 comments:

  1. Oh my word. LOVE both of these. such cattitude. absolute genius to make the shadow glow green like that. way too much fun. also love love the way you did the moon and yes, the branches are perfect spooky touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and....I LOVE LOVE LOVE these beautifully soft blending brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie - what a cute set and what lovely cards, as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, I love that awesome cat, Angie! Your two cards are gorgeous! I love the purple background on the second one. BTW, I love the photo of Storm; it reminds me of a black cat I used to have. Loved him very much. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful!! I love the clean and simple design of your top card. And that pop of green!! Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Happy Graduation

This week, we are creating "happy" cards for the Free 4 All challenge at SCS . I used new IO products to make my Happy Graduation ...