Friday, May 1, 2020

It's a Wonderful Life


May 1st?  Really?  Where did April go?  How could time have zoomed by so quickly while spending all of it at home except for a couple of walks and grocery store visits? How about you?  Did it speed by or crawl?  Well, no matter, it is   May 1st and that means it's time for a new Fan Club Christmas Challenge.  

I love the meme I saw recently.  It begins with How are you doing?  Then the response about a dozen emotions and the last line: "all in the same minute".  There certainly have been days when I have gone through all the emotions in a minute!  One thing I know, to self-care I need to put my thoughts on what is good, true, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy.*  And although there are moments in life that truly suck, I try to remember to put my mind on things that don't.  So for this moment, I pulled out a sentiment from one of my favorite holiday movies and created a background around it.  

I made a background mix by stamping a Memento Teal ink on my craft mat, spritzed with water.  Next, I added white paint and a reinker and mixed it all together.  Then I dunked the cardstock in the mix and let dry.  I stamped a portion of the Impression Obsession Boho Mandala in the corner and added a glitter embossing powder.  Lastly, I added a gem and popped up It's a Wonderful Life.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have some wonderful moments today!
  
Boho Mandala    Wonderful Life

*Philippians 4:8


2 comments:

  1. I recognized where your thought aims came from :) Loving your card Angie - it's exquisite. I too have had to do some re-focusing on God this week, after a series of things have gone on, and wrong! All very character building :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite the immeasurable number of problems, worries, and challenges we collectively endured in April, I too was surprised by how rapidly the month felt like it passed us by. March, conversely, felt far longer, which makes me wonder, where will May fall on the time perception scale? No doubt the answer will vary for each of us, but I suspect it may be another speedy month on my end (though only time shall tell).

    Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Hello, this week at the Free 4 All Challenge we are adding Five Dots!   These can be enamel dots, sequins, hand-drawn, stamped, gems, pearls...