Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Wet on Wet Watercolor Challenge

It's my turn to host the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge this week for Splitcoaststampers.  I found two beautiful videos on this technique.  After viewing the first video I decided to try my hand at a little freehand watercolor.  I am just a beginner so my projects look nothing like the artist's but I did use a similar color combo and I practiced with leaves as she did.

I created quite a few practice pieces before creating one that I liked enough to make it into a card.  The sentiment is from the Weathering the Storm Together set.


This is one of my practice samples.



For the next samples, I used stamped images as Lydia did in her beautiful wet-on-wet watercolor video.

This is the Picket Fence Studios Beauty and Song set. I finished off the card by adding these super cool Blueberry Mojito Sequins!


If you stopped by yesterday you might have seen this one already but I was still so inspired with watercolor that when it came time to work on the PFS July Release, I used Lydia's technique again, for the Autumn Harvest Collage.   


The videos that inspired today's projects are linked in the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  We would love it if you joined us!


Weathering the Storm Together Stamp Set  Beauty and Song     Autumn Harvest Collage

       Blueberry Mojito Sequin Mix

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful water colour use Angie, and I think the first three cards are gorgeous - from she who has never tried freehand wet on wet :)
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love the links to the videos you watched, Angie. Lydia has many! Love your new release cards too! kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angie, these are absolutely beautiful! The leaf and bird cards abound with serenity, and the Halloween design - which I adore to no end - is such an elegant take of an October 31st card. Stunners one and all!

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Sweet Friend - Impression Obsession Team Favorites

Hello!  This week we are sharing Team Favorites at Impression Obsession!  I just love the Sweet as Honey stamp and Coordinating Die Set !  ...