Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Four at a Time

In my quest to learn more about watercolor I found creationsceecee on youtube!  I love her voice and I am enjoying her approach to watercolor!  For instructions check out Watercolor Wednesday at Splitcoaststampers.

I took a large sheet of watercolor paper and masked it into four sections with Washi Tape.  I really thought I would have a problem with a lot of leaking under the tape because my tape wasn't very sticky but I really didn't have a problem, maybe because I didn't go super heavy with water near the tape. 

Next, I painted abstract strokes with Daniel Smith Watercolor paints that were a gift from my dear friend Janeen.  Once dry, I removed the tape and added designs to the card fronts in various ways.

For my first card, I used a gift of die cuts that Janeen sent me along with the watercolors and some fancy paper to try!  I used Gina K Designs Connect Glue to adhere the beautiful fine die-cuts to the watercolor paper.  The GKD glue has a very small tube that works well on word dies and other thin die-cuts.  One of the other things I love about this glue is that I have never had a tube clog!


My second card will have me forever dubbed as The Butterfly Girl in my Friday Night Zoom Group.  All was going really well.  I decided to try my hand at doodling so I doodled the branches.  It was much easier than I thought and I was happy with the result.  Next, I stamped Hope.  It's my favorite word.  Then I decided that a butterfly would be the perfect finishing touch with a word like Hope so first I practiced a simple butterfly silhouette on a scrap of paper.  It looked like a butterfly so I added one right above the word hope and it was a disaster!  It came out looking like a blob with antennas in the wrong place so I tried to fix it and it became an even BIGGER blob.  I was embarrassed to show my stamping group but I did and we all brainstormed how to fix it.  Then another friend popped back in and all of us ended up in fits of laughter because I didn't want to show my mistake one more time.  What a hoot!  Laughter is good for the soul!  It was suggested to use a punch or dies but my brain had gone blank so more laughter ensued until at last, I did remember that I had this MS Butterfly punch!  And now you too know that hiding behind the butterfly is a blob that tried to become a butterfly.  I wonder if there is a gem of a lesson in this story?


For the next two cards, I pulled out my Impression Obsession stamps and dies.

First up, I used the beautiful Branch stamp and colored in the leaves to make a silhouette.  Lastly, I added Take Care.

For my last card, I used Mistletoe leaves.  Mistletoe isn't just for Christmas! I am always in need of thank you cards so I simply used this lovely Thank You.


And there you have it!  Four cards for the price of one!  We would love it if you joined us at the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge at SCS!
I am also playing along with this week's Art Nudge#23.  

No photo description available.    Image may contain: text
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  You make my day!  Hugs!


Faith And Love Cling Stamp Set    Branch   Take Care

     Mistletoe            Thank You

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Squuueeeeee.....love those Daniel Smith colors..they are so clear and vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these and the story behind the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gem in the lesson is YOU! And, that we enjoy our time making cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so nicely done! Like your colors!

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Cheers!

Hello, this week at the Free 4 All Challenge we are adding Five Dots!   These can be enamel dots, sequins, hand-drawn, stamped, gems, pearls...