Friday, August 7, 2020

Shading Flower

Hi!  It's Saturday and that means it's time for a new Inspiration Challenge and I am the hostess this week! A friend showed me this fabulous site and I fell in love with the art!  I simply loved the cat items, however, I had this beautiful stencil waiting to be used so I searched for floral inspiration.  I found an amazing compact and it's linked in my SCS gallery.  I decided to make this a birthday card when I saw the Art Nudge Weekend Challenge.

Inspired by the colors of the compact I used my Life Changing Blender Brushes (also sold in a 4pk) and brushed pink distress ink on the flower centers followed by red ink on the edges.  Next, I brushed blue ink on the leaf centers and green inks on the edges and stems.  I spritzed the cardstock with water through the Shading Flower Stencil and then sprinkled Scarlett Brushos Powders on the flower and Ultra Marine on greenery.  I just love the way the ink beneath the powders adds another dimension of color. The birthday sentiment is from Fancy Sentiments and there is also a companion set More Fancy Sentiments! Lastly, I sprinkled Holiday Hopper Sequins for the finishing touch.  I am obsessed with the Picket Fence Studios Sequins!  


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

Holiday Hopper Sequin Mix   Fancy Sentiments   More Fancy Sentiments


 Shading Flower Stencil   "Life Changing" Blender Brush Set + 6x6 Bonus StencilLife Changing Blender Brushes: 4-Pack Broad Application

5 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous card Angie - so arty and absolutely stunning
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! Absolutely breath taking, Angie. Enlarged, it could be sold in An art gallery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - never thought of inking first. You also need to be quite precise with those powders to get such a pretty result.

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Sweet Friend - Impression Obsession Team Favorites

Hello!  This week we are sharing Team Favorites at Impression Obsession!  I just love the Sweet as Honey stamp and Coordinating Die Set !  ...