Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Hello with Watercolor

 It's Wednesday and that means it's Watercolor Wednesday at Splitcoaststampers.  Julie is our Guest Designer this week and she has chosen a beautiful technique.  Head on over to the challenge for the "how-tos" and join us!

The color combo and even the theme was inspired by this week's Art Nudge #29.

First, I mixed paint colors to match the Art Nudge as closely as I could.  Then I added a light green color wash.  Next, I added olive highlights. I painted the flowers with a soft blue color and then added the darker blue.  The colors may have gotten away from me just a bit. I used all of the colors in the palette including the acorn color by coloring pearls with Copic Marker!  Inspired by the Art Nudge photo, I chose a leafy embossing folder.

The gorgeous Hello is from Impression Obsession and I used Lydia's technique of adding packing tape to the cardstock before running it through the die-cutting machine.  The result is a beautiful shine without the embossing powder mess!


       

Before you go I just want to let you know that today is the last day to get your Halloween goodies for 25% off at Impression Obsession!  



Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope to see you in the galleries!






1 comment:

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Sweet Friend - Impression Obsession Team Favorites

Hello!  This week we are sharing Team Favorites at Impression Obsession!  I just love the Sweet as Honey stamp and Coordinating Die Set !  ...