Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Mottled

Hello, everyone! It's the 5th week of the month so the Watercolor Wednesday Challenge has invited Becky as our Guest Designer.  She has chosen a lovely tutorial from Lydia.  I experimented several times with the technique and ended up with two cards!   For both cards, I used watercolor as the medium.  For the rose, I started with a dusty rose watercolor and mottled the flower with Quinacridone Rose.  The background was a pear-green wash that I mottled with clean water and then dropped in some of the dusty rose.  I really like how the background wash turned out.  It makes me want to go and paint a bunch of backgrounds!

I used A Rose and now the Coordinating Die is available to make creating even easier!  The sentiment is from Dragon Fruit and the sequins are Irish Coffee. 


 Next up I mottled another background.  This time with a deeper shade of green first and drops of the dust rose.  There really are countless ways to use this technique!  The background had me reaching for my Snail Die and Snailed It sentiment.  

The paint mixes that I came up with were inspired by this week's Art Nudge #42.  

       
            




*************************
   
          


3 comments:

  1. Hate snails but yours is so cute and your rose is just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards Angie - love the snail one, it gave me a smile
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderfully sweet, beautiful cards. I love the upbeat colours here. They're a terrific reminder that, early into winter as we are this point, spring isn't all that terribly far away at this point (relatively speaking at least).

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Sweet Friend - Impression Obsession Team Favorites

Hello!  This week we are sharing Team Favorites at Impression Obsession!  I just love the Sweet as Honey stamp and Coordinating Die Set !  ...