Hello friends,
This week at Splitcoaststampers, our Free 4 All Challenge theme is Flowers for Jeanne, a tribute to a talented creative rock star we lost this week, Jeanne S.
Jeanne was one of those people who made the creative community brighter simply by being part of it. She had a wonderful sense of humor and loved to see the funny side of things. Even when life threw several losses her way in a short amount of time, she remained upbeat and continued to bring her unique personality and creativity to everything she did.
Jeanne and I messaged back and forth a great deal as we worked on many deadlines together. We shared so many conversations along the way that I caught myself tonight, as I finished photographing my card, thinking, “Oh, I need to show Jeanne this.”
And then came the lump in my throat.
It is still hard to believe she won't be there to share the next card, the next deadline, or the next little bit of creative chatter.
A CAS Sunflower Card for Jeanne
Since it hasn't been easy to focus today, I decided to go with a lovely, clean and simple card design. Sometimes a simple card is just what is needed, allowing the flowers and the sentiment to do the talking.
I chose a beautiful piece of sunflower patterned paper from Brutus Monroe. This paper is now retired, but it was perfect for today's tribute. Sunflowers have such a cheerful, sunny personality, and they seemed like a wonderful way to celebrate Jeanne.
I cut the sunflower paper on a diagonal and added a black border to create a crisp, graphic look. The patterned paper does all the heavy lifting on this card, so I kept the rest of the design wonderfully simple.
For the sentiment, I stamped “always bring your own sunshine” directly onto the card base in the lower corner.
The sentiment is from one of Jeanne's very own stamp sets that she created for Impression Obsession.
I couldn't have chosen a more perfect sentiment.
Jeanne brought sunshine. She had a way of making people smile, and she wouldn't let anyone sit under a dark cloud for long. Even when things were difficult, she found a way to bring humor, encouragement, and a little light to the conversation.
That is something I will always remember about her.
I will be posting this card to the new tribute thread at Splitcoaststampers titled Those We Have Lost. It is a place to remember and celebrate the creative friends who have touched our lives.
I hope you will join us in this week's Flowers for Jeanne challenge. You can make a card with flowers, share a favorite memory, or simply take a moment to celebrate a talented friend who brought so much to our community.
Jeanne, I wish I could show you this card tonight.
I hope you know how much sunshine you brought into the lives of your creative friends. Your humor, your talent, and your friendship will be missed more than words can say.
If you enjoy making cards with a touch of humor, you can find more handmade card inspiration like this Little Stinker here on my blog. This card matches Jeanne's sense of humor, although it's a SweetMissDaisy Designs. :)
Thank you so much for looking, and thank you for helping us celebrate Jeanne.
With love,
Angie
Supplies
- Sunflower patterned paper — Brutus Monroe (retired)
- Black cardstock
- Card base
- Sentiment: “always bring your own sunshine” from Sunflower Season an Impression Obsession stamp set created by Jeanne S.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!