Hello friends! Today I’m sharing a pretty cardinal nestled among holly leaves card made for this month’s Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Christmas Challenge and this week’s Sketch Challenge. I love when one card can work for two challenges, and this sketch gave me a fun opportunity to change up how I used my stamps!
For the sketch, I chose a beautiful stamp featuring leafy branches. Instead of stamping the leaves directly onto the cardstock, I stamped the image onto a tag and then angled the tag to follow the design of the sketch. I love how simply changing the shape and placement of the stamped image gives the card a completely distinct look.
Rather than creating the leafy border shown in the sketch, I used pretty patterned paper for that element. I added the sentiment in the same general position as the sketch, keeping the layout recognizable while putting my spin on the design.
The stamp set I used is an older Heartfelt Creations set a dear friend gave me when she was moving out of me. She gifted me papers along with so many wonderful stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations. It was such a treat to finally put one of those treasures to work!
I especially love using something that is new to me, even when the supplies themselves are older. There are so many wonderful treasures hiding in our craft rooms, and sometimes all it takes is a challenge or sketch to give us the perfect reason to pull them out and create something new.
If you’re looking for more winter designs featuring cardinals, you might also enjoy
Happy Stamping!
Angie
No comments:
Post a Comment
You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!