Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Watercolor Poppy

Hello!  It's time for another Watercolor Wednesday Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  We are following a tutorial by Jenna Rainey this week.  I gave myself three practice tries and chose the second.  I ended up with red paint on my hands and my nice shirt as our cute little Rocky walked through my paint and tried to drink red paint water.  Sigh.  It took some doing to get the red paint off his paw!  Silly boy.  I would love to give this technique some more practice but here is the best of three.  

To finish my painting, I added a beautiful sentiment from Picket Fence Studios, More Fancy Sentiments and used the Coordinating die to cut it out.  To cut out the sentiment I die cut the shape first.  Then I stamped the sentiment in my Mini MISTI.  Next, I placed the frame of the die-cut, centered precisely over the stamped sentiment. Then, I place the die-cut piece in the frame.  Ink the sentiment and stamp for a perfectly centered die-cut sentiment!  



More Fancy Sentiments           Coordinating Die Set
    



I used this paper for the project but it's not 100% cotton so it does not have some of the properties that are found in 100% Cotton. 
This is a beautiful paper I like to use as often as I can.
  

2 comments:

  1. Love you beautiful flowers Angie, and it has made up into a magnificent card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendously beautiful watercolour card. It is pure elegance.

    Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

    ReplyDelete

You make my day with your sweet comments!!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Sweet Friend - Impression Obsession Team Favorites

Hello!  This week we are sharing Team Favorites at Impression Obsession!  I just love the Sweet as Honey stamp and Coordinating Die Set !  ...